Tonight, I decided to go with a fairly simple pasta. The noodles are capellini, the cheese is pecorino romano, and it’s topped with a home made red sauce.
The sauce was made with:
- canned whole peeled tomatoes
- tomato paste
- fresh garlic
- fresh basil
- ground beef
- olive oil
Here’s how I made the sauce:
- Dice the shallots, a few cloves of garlic, and a few mushrooms, and put them into a pan with some olive oil.
- Cook until the shallots start to turn clear.
- Add the ground beef, pulling it apart into small, even chunks, and reduce the heat down to medium.
- In a food processor, add the 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, 6oz can of tomato paste, 4 cloves of garlic, a few mushrooms, a bit of olive oil, and the fresh basil.
- Turn on the food processor, and run until it’s the consistency that you want.
- Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain the grease, and add the sauce from the food processor.
- Cook on medium-low.