I am starting this post on my phone. I realized that one of the roadblocks that I have is that the workflow for creating new blog posts from my phone was nonexistent. I had a git client, and a Markdown editor, but Hugo uses special headers, and I also needed to be able to publish on my server.
Here’s what I did:
- Built an Android app to generate the header, and add it to my clipboard. Source
- Add a script to my server for easy publishing.
- Set up JuiceSSH, so that I can log into my server from my phone.
With those couple things, I can now do the end-to-end process of creating and publishing blog posts from my phone. Here’s how that goes:
- In git client, pull from remote
- Create new file in repo
- Open file in JotterPad
- Run my HugoNew app
- Paste header into new post file
- Save file, and push to get repo
- Log into my server and run publish script
It still needs work (no image support yet), since it is a lot of steps, but it is a start.
Note - I added the images from my laptop. Here’s the source code for my Android app.